Avanta Plus Combination Boilers 24c | 28c | 35c | 39c
For ease of installation the Avanta Plus Combi comes supplied with a wall mounting plate complete with all water and gas isolation valves and pre-formed copper tails.
The standard delivery of the Remeha Avanta Plus Combi boiler includes:
- the boiler (including pressure gauge and safety valve)
- mounting plate (including isolation valve set and washers)
- nylon plugs and screws for fixing mounting plate
copper tails 15/22 mm
- mounting template
- filling loop
- Warranty leaflet (The terms and conditions of the warranty are included in the warranty leaflet. On installation of the boiler, please fill in the registration card and return to Remeha)
- Installation and Service manual and users guide
- The Avanta Plus Combi is probably one of the most installer friendly boilers on the market. A single design concept throughout the range makes it simple to understand and install and extremely easy to service. The Avanta Plus Combi is designed for easy and time saving installation.
The installation can be pressurised and tested before boiler installation.
Wall mounting plate The wall mounting plate is supplied as standard complete with gas/water isolating valves and pre-formed copper tails.
Stand off frame
(optional – 30mm deep) A stand off frame is available as an option; this combines with the wall plate to allow the supplied copper tails to be reversed to run up behind the boiler if required.
(optional – preformed) To make life even easier for the installer a complete pre-formed pipework kit is available as an option. This, combined with the stand off frame, brings all the connections to the top of the boiler.
The gas and water connections are located on the bottom of the boiler whilst the air in and flue gas outlet is located on the top of the boiler. The boiler is supplied as standard with pipework tails to allow connections facing downwards.
Optional stand off frame and pipework kits are available to enable the pipework to run upwards behind the boiler if required. For installation, servicing and inspection min. 600mm in front of the boiler is required. If this free space is obtained by opening a door or removing a panel, the boiler may be installed for instance in a closed cupboard.
For ease of installation we recommend clearances of 5mm at the side so that the unit is easy to open, with a free space of 250mm under the appliance and 250mm above the appliance, as the minimum requirement.
However once installed, it is possible to reduce these clearances to 220mm at the top, and 50mm at the bottom provided the boiler front panel can be removed and the isolating valves are easily accessible without the use of tools.
Mounting the Boiler
- Remove the mounting plate and template from the box
- Using the template determine and mark the position of the three mounting holes and center line of flue, making sure the plate is absolutely level
- Drill the (Ø 10mm) holes
- Fit the (Ø 10mm) plugs
- Fit (Ø 8mm) screws into the plugs
- Check the mounting plate is level and tighten the screws
- Fit the valve set to the mounting plate
- Fit fibre washers on the CH valves
- Remove boiler from the box and suspend it on mounting plate
- Connect the valves to the boiler remembering to fit fibre washers supplied
- Connect the supplied copper tails to the isolating valves
Mounting the Boiler
- Make sure the boiler and any open connections are protected from building dust etc. during the installation
- There must be a 3 amp fused switched spur within 1m of the boiler
- Provision must be made for the condensate discharge
- The boiler should be mounted on a suitable vertical wall which is able to support the weight of the boiler
- If the boiler is to be installed in a timber framed building, please refer to British Gas publication: ‘Guide for Gas Installations in Timber frame Housing’, reference DM2
- In a new installation it is possible to fit just the wall plate and valve set to enable the system pipework to be completed and tested before fitting the boiler at a later date (place fibre washers supplied in a safe place for use when fitting the boiler)