Avanta Plus Heat Only Boilers 12v | 15v | 18v | 24v | 30v
The standard delivery of the Remeha Avanta boiler includes:
- the boiler + mounting bracket
- nylon plugs and screws for fixing mounting bracket
- gas cock with gasket + 90° gas pipe (22mm)
- olives and nuts
- cable glands
- Wiring diagrams
- Warranty leaflet (The terms and conditions of the warranty are included in the warranty leaflet. On installation of the boiler, please fill in the registration card and return to Remeha)
- Installation and Service manual, Quick reference card and Mounting Template
- The Avanta Range is probably one of the most installer friendly boilers on the market. A single design concept throughout the range makes it simple to understand and install and extremely easy to service. The Avanta Range is designed for easy and time saving installation. The installation can be pressurised and tested before boiler installation.
Wall mounting plate The wall mounting plate is supplied as standard complete with gas/water isolating valves and pre-formed copper tails.
Stand off frame
(optional – 30mm deep) A stand off frame is available as an option; this combines with the wall plate to allow the supplied copper tails to be reversed to run up behind the boiler if required.
(optional – preformed) To make life even easier for the installer a complete pre-formed pipework kit is available as an option. This, combined with the stand off frame, brings all the connections to the top of the boiler.
The gas connection is located on the bottom of the boiler whilst the water connections, air inlet and flue gas outlet are located on the top of the boiler. The boiler is supplied as standard with gas pipe tails.
For installation, servicing and inspection min. 600mm in front of the boiler is required. If this free space is obtained by opening a door or removing a panel, the boiler may be installed for instance in a closed cupboard. All servicing / inspection / repairs are made from the front of the boiler.
For ease of installation we recommend clearances of 5mm at the side so that the unit is easy to open, with a free space of 250mm under the appliance and 250mm above the appliance, as the minimum requirement.
However once installed, it is possible to reduce these clearances to 220mm at the top, and 50mm at the bottom provided the boiler front panel can be removed and the isolating valves are easily accessible without the use of tools.
- Clearances are shown for ease of installation – once fitted it is possible to enclose the boiler in a cupboard with 25mm clearances around the casing provided a door is included to allow the front cover to be removed completely for maintenance and allowance is made to access the gas valve and flow / return connections.
Mounting the Boiler
- Remove template from the box
- Using the template determine and mark the position of the mounting bracket and flue outlet
- Drill the (Ø 8mm) holes
- Fit the (Ø 8mm) plugs
- Core drill the (Ø 125mm) hole for the flue outlet
- Fit (Ø 6mm) screws into the plugs
- Remove boiler from the box and mount on bracket
Mounting the Boiler
- Make sure the boiler and any open connections are protected from building dust etc. during the installation
- There must be a 3 amp fused switched spur within 1m of the boiler
- Provision must be made for the condensate discharge
- The boiler should be mounted on a suitable vertical wall which is able to support the weight of the boiler
- The boiler should be mounted in a room which, even during severe cold weather, remains frost-free, or frost protection controls MUST be fitted
- If the boiler is to be installed in a timber framed building, please refer to British Gas publication: ‘Guide for Gas Installations in Timber frame Housing’, reference DM2